Piedmont and Western Railroad Club
A North Carolina Railroad Station in
This spur depot, built around 1895, in Rutherford County was operated primarily for the large textile mill at Caroleen called Henrietta #2. The station
was on the route between Lattimore and Forest City at Henrietta Junction. It was abandoned for a number of years as the "before" photos by Mike Lawing show.
More recently the building was repainted and the windows were replaced by Bob Stahr. "After" photos showing Bob's work appear following the "before" pictures.
The difference is remarkable. After redoing the depot, Bob put a restored Civil War era car with link and pin couplers next to the depot. The third set
of photos below shows the car and the depot in May 2012.
Car beside the depot
©1996-2012 Piedmont and Western Railroad Club