Piedmont and Western Railroad Club
A North Carolina Railroad Station in
Historic photo (circa 1900) of the Carolina and North-Western
Railway passenger depot at Cliffs. Cliffs was located in Burke County
directly across the Catawba River from Rhodhiss. The town was
subsequently merged into Rhodhiss.
Passengers posing in front of the depot. Note the 4-4-0 American-type
locomotive at the station.
Photo courtesy of the Caldwell
Museum, Lenoir, NC.
©2010 Piedmont and Western Railroad Club