Piedmont and Western Railroad Club
A North Carolina Railroad Station, a Baggage Building and a Foreman's House in
Former Carolina & North-Western Railroad depot, circa. 1908. Now used as a residence.
Scenes at the Edgemont Depot when it was in operation
This photo shows a Carolina & North-Western train waiting to head back to Lenoir.
The presence of the dual-gauge
track dates the photo to 1918 or earlier, according to Matt Bumgarner's
book on the C&N-W. The narrow gauge belonged
to W.M. Rittter's logging line; the station
is now located on what was the left-hand leg of the wye in this shot.
Above photo from the Alan Coleman collection.
Passengers on the rear of a car standing at the Edgemont depot (circa 1908)
Edgemont stationmaster (circa 1908)
Above two photos courtesy of the Caldwell Heritage Museum, Lenoir, NC.
Former Carolina & North-Western Railroad baggage and express building, circa. 1908.
Former Carolina & North-Western foreman's house, circa. 1908
Photo by Matt Bumgarner, March 2015
©2007-2015 Piedmont and Western Railroad Club