Piedmont and Western Railroad Club
Five North Carolina Railroad Stations in
Original Greensboro AMTRAK station. The station sits in the Pomona yard and was replaced in 2006 with the restored 1927 depot depicted below.
S. David Carriker collection.
Restored 1927 Southern Railway depot. Now used by AMTRAK.
Click here for interior views of the restored station
As the station appeared before restoration
Post card from the Ken Humphreys collection showing the station, circa. 1943.
Greycraft Card Co., Danville, VA.
Post card from the Arthur Peterson collection showing the station, circa. 1930.
New AMTRAK platforms at the restored station
Overall view of station and platform
View of second platform and track
1979 Southern Railway depot. Used by AMTRAK until restoration of the 1927 Southern Railway station.
East side view
West side view
1899 Southern Railway station. It became a Division office with the opening of "new" station in 1927. Present: Norfolk Southern Division Office
Postcard showing the station as it originally looked. Card circa. 1910 (S. H. Kress & Co). Alan Coleman collection
Originally Built and Used By: Cape Fear and Yadkin Valley Railroad. Demolished
Courtesy of the Mt. Airy Museum of Regional History
Former Cape Fear and Yadkin Valley Railroad freight station. Later used by the Southern Railway.
Photo by John D. Jones
©1996-2011 Piedmont and Western Railroad Club