Piedmont and Western Railroad Club
A North Carolina Railroad Station in
The former Suffolk & Carolina Railway Combination Station, circa. 1902, was reported to have been relocated and converted to a residence. The relocated building is on private property. We have learned from the owner of this building that it, in fact is not the former Nicanor Station. The station was apparently demolished and the 1899 office of a Dr. Ward from Belvidere, NC was moved to the former location of the Nicanor station in the 1950's as a residence. That replacement building was subsequently moved about 5 miles to a new location in 1979 on Craney Island Road. Thus, the building which has been reported in various sources as having been the Nicanor Station in actuality has no railroad history at all, other than having once stood at the location of the former Nicanor Station.
©2007 Piedmont and Western Railroad Club